Boots: Uniform boots must meet or exceed the following criteria:
- Black (shineable)
- 8″ height
- Non-skid sole
- Oil/chemical-proof sole
- Crush-proof toe (composite recommended over metal)
- Puncture-proof/resistant sole (non-metallic recommended)
- Bloodborne pathogen proof. Especially for anyone working in SAR or medical.
- “Corcoran and Mattherhorn” make a ‘tiger-toe’ which makes crawling easier – only realy necessary for tight-space use. Other companies make similar options.
- Zipper-release – good for quick on and off and saves you from having to retie your boots each time.